How to Get the Most From A Security Cameras In Provo
Home security cameras can solely be installed as a warning—a display that informs criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras come equipped with a plethora of features all designed to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and fast action motion detection, these additions help you to have the most from home security cameras in Provo.
How To Set Up Your Provo Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your video surveillance at the ideal spots around your residence is the first place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart idea to install a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to move around to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to afford a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and patio, garage, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your main entryway via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your home that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the bedroom may reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Camera layout is only the foundation for extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in Provo. The additions listed below help to optimize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your phone whenever unusual activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to automatically start recording when activity is detected which helps increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you are able to converse with people via the camera. Through your security app, you can make it seem you’re home or welcome your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive view of what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up footage of pitch black motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to guard specific areas within your house.. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to inform you of activity taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Pulling the most out of your home security cameras in Provo is more simple. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security can go from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (801) 980-2683 or complete the form below to start personalizing your home security and camera system today.