How Does Geofencing In Provo Enhance Home Security?
The latest residential security installations are becoming more capable every year. Even so, it’s still easy to fail to complete basic security tasks like arming your home security, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you no longer needed to worry about these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Provo, you can simply drive off to work and have your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Provo For your Security System?
Geofencing generates a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. The technology then utilizes your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components use to interact with one another. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all components onto a single network. You can then set up specific boundaries on all sides of your house and program the specific actions you want to occur as you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, as soon as you exit your driveway, you could set your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are several of the devices you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home security system in Provo. With the mobile app, you are able to make the most of smart home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you can:
● Set schedules: program your smart components to engage at a specific time. Have your lights start to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make particular equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your security camera notices unusual motion around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that all act in unison. Make your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Provo
Whether you’re looking for extra reassurance of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (801) 980-2683 or submit the following form to begin customizing your perfect security system.