Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Provo? Generally, you should consider three primary areas of your property for video protection: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and select interior spaces. Although your provider is able to suggest where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Entryway
While it may seem crazy that a criminal would attempt to casually walk in your home’s main entryway, 34% of break-ins take place near this passageway. There are also porch pirates among other risks to deal with. A doorbell camera is ideal to handle these concerns with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell cameras are even more beneficial as you can speak with people who come and ring the bell. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to each instance with two-direction audio and live video and give the impression you’re on site. Then if a person does try to do something questionable, you are able to have your video doorbell instantly document the event on video and transmit it to your mobile phone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Exterior Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property is often a difficult undertaking. Fortunately, there are a few beneficial tips to make sure your home is well protected.
- Cameras at the corners of your Provo house offer an impressive viewing angle, seeing two sections of your yard.
- Just below an overhanging eave or into a length of siding or exterior trim are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be somewhat obscured by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is an easier entryway for intruders than you may know!
- Overlooking a back porch or back door -- or any entryway not in clear view from the road.
For each installation, be sure to trim away any overgrown plants or trees that might obstruct your view.
Recommendations For Getting The Best Results From Your Interior Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras within your property in Provo. That same flexibility means you have other installation variables to think about:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: While you’ll want to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the sunshine through a window can cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device installed in a higher spot will have a more panoramic view. You might situate your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or mounted on the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your surveillance system will lose its ability to safeguard your home if it’s damaged or destroyed. Place your indoor units where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. Consider mounting or a different method of securing them to be certain they won’t wobble if accidentally bumped.
- Conceal Your Cameras But Don’t Block the View: The top security camera will fail to be of much use if there is a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. However, potted plants and other decor items can also serve as a means to cloak your security equipment. Just be careful they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Just call (801) 980-2683 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.